(143 n.m. from Piraeus)
North; marvelous coasts.
South; steep and barren rocks.
Inland; calm and peace.
Clarity of waters; the best in Mediterranean.
Godfather; Icarus, the "first pilot".
Interesting places to visit
- Agios Kerykos, which is the capital and the port.
- Thermal Lefkadas which is full of warm mineral waters spring from the coast.
- Syrtiko, a tiny calm port is a pleasant discovery.
- Xylosyrtis, where roofs of houses are made with stone and the coast is full of brilliant white pebbles.
- The picturesque village Chrysostomos.
- The radioactive springs of Therma, renowned since Antiquity for their excellent medical qualities.
- Karavostamo village with white houses going down to the sea.
- The chapel of Agioi Pantes.
- The little port Evdilos.
- Kampos, where the ancient city of Oinoe used to stand.
- The unusual beauty of Armenisti with the pine forest, the springs and the beach.
- Christos of Raches is a village that its square looks like a giant balcony overlooking the whole island and the sea.
- The tiny port of Nas.
- The beautiful village of Messaria and Kosoikia.
- The Byzantine castle of Nicaria.
- Fanari which full of natural and archaeological beauties.
- The small island of Fournoi.